Sunday, July 24, 2011

Summer Catch Up =) (mostly for my mom to see)



So, I always knew I would suck at this updating thing...but thankfully the reason it takes so long is because so much is going on! Lets start with getting back to Provo...
I got home late on a Monday night and had an audition with Todd on Tuesday... Pretty sure I scared the kid. He had only been home from his mission a couple of weeks and I gave him a huge hug before and after (I can`t help it, that`s just how I am lol). We danced through both latin and standard. It felt great. That night I got to go to my first tour team meeting. I am sooooo excited to be on the team this year! Everyone who made it is so much fun to be around and Lee gave us an outlook of how the year would go- ps, we get to do a midsemester tour in Northern California; going to be right by my hometown!!!!! yay!!!!!!!! Anyways, the next day I got a call from Todd- we are going to be partners. And let me tell you, he is awesome! I don`t think I have ever met a nicer guy in my entire life. He is so encouraging and sweet and I have so much fun being around him. He is constantly talking in Portuguese (he served his mission in Brazil) and I am proud to say, I now know a few phrases =) He is still trying to make our rumba a side by side, but I told him if he pushes that i`ll make sure I tell Izabela to make it the hottest rumba ever! He didn`t like that... good thing he loves me! Anyways, we have been dancing together about 7 weeks now and I love it! We goof around alot but have been having a blast getting to know each other and working together. He can outdance me in standard any day and I think at this point I might still have him in Latin, so we tend to even each other out a bit. I`m so excited to compete 10-dance with him!!! 

Anyways, fun things this summer:
   Back at my old job at Vivint- made friends with some way cool people- love how this summer is 10 times better at work then the last summer... maybe its cause I get away with more =) hehe 
Events:
Got to attend Stadium Of Fire for the first time with my best friend/roommate Nicole, and our two friends Jared and Alex... It had performances by David Archuleta (whom I am slightly in love with) and Brad Paisley. They were both fantastic! and the firework show was the best I have ever seen before. It was sad though, I was the only one in the group who knew the Brad Paisley songs...I guess people really don`t listen to country anymore... haha. Nonetheless, I loudly sang to every song I knew. The funniest part was the sky divers- the last guy caring the flag biffed it while landing... it was great =)


 I have to say it was probably my favorite 4th of July (well 2nd of July actually) ever =)













Next fun thing to note, was our dear friend Jared (not the one from the Stadium) Kelson`s birthday party. It was hosted up in the canyons and a ton of people attended. We had brought chocolate pudding to encourage people to go and mud wrestling...only it backfired and I ended up being the first of many to get attacked with it =) I guess that`s what we get for trying to attack Jared first...haha. Most fun I`ve had in a very long time

I got so much chocolate pudding on me! Nicole even ended up finding pudding in her belly button...               We attempted to clean up in the river, but it was freezing and it still didn`t get everything lol  

Also: Brandon and I decided that we watch movies too much and that maybe it was time for a crazy fun outdoor activity. He had the great idea of going out to Mona Lake for the day- and I used my "amazing" skills to round up a large group. It was AWESOME!!!
I was pretty proud of myself- I ended up being one of the first people to go =) and I used my diving skills to land pretty dives into the water =)







Pretty sure one of the highlights included watching Luke try to master the back flip in... epic =) the bbq after was great! We had some awesone hot dogs and the s`mores were super good! =) love love love summertime!
Other fun events, have included bonfires, Elisha`s sisters baby blessing (and lunch after), and tons and tons of movie nights! Our group has made an effort to do weekly So you think you can dance get togethers (which unfortunately I miss alot due to work), and we`ve managed to add in games nights as well. Can I just say summer is great! Also, I`ve got a new hair do- pictures to come soon =)

No comments:

Post a Comment